Stem cell blogs are an increasingly important part of the stem cell field.
Today in 2013 it is a far different world for stem cell blogs than when I first had my idea to have a blog in 2009 and when I got it going in early 2010. It was pretty darn lonely back then. Most of the other stem cell bloggers out there at that time were either opponents of stem cell research or promoters of dubious clinics who get a cut for recruiting patients.
Now there are relatively more positive blogs and the quality keeps going way up. Last year the winner as blog of the year was stemcellassays.com by Alexey Bersenev, which remains an incredibly helpful and positive resource this year as well.
What was the best blog of 2013?
This year my pick is the Signals Blog by the Stem Cell Network & CCRM in Canada. If you haven’t checked it out, I highly recommend it.
It was a tough choice to pick just one blog of the year as several blogs in 2013 shined including the runner up for this year, the excellent CIRM Research Blog, which continues to add more frequent & as always thought-provoking posts by its team.
Part of the reason I chose the Signals Blog this year as the best is its incredible frequency of posting and quality of blogging as well as the global diversity of stem cell related topics that it covers. The folks at the Stem Cell Network and the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM) outdid themselves with their blog this year.
Other notable stem cell blogs include:
- http://www.eurostemcell.org/ is really zooming up as a great resource!
- http://www.stemcellbattles.com/ Don C. Reed’s blog, but also I consider his wonderful blogging on Huffington Post as part of his social media contribution.
- http://californiastemcellreport.blogspot.com/ David Jensen’s valuable blog.
- http://www.healthintheglobalvillage.com/ by Leigh Turner, focused on bioethics and regulatory issues, often on stem cells.
- http://investorstemcell.com/ has a lot of investor-oriented blogs that are interesting.
- http://www.celltherapyblog.com/ by Lee Buckler.
- http://thenode.biologists.com/ is a great site/blog that sometimes covers stem cells.
Did I miss some? Let me know in the comments and I may add to the list above.