Featured Stem Cell Topics
What are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are unique cells that can turn into other useful cells.
Resources on stem cell trials & therapies
Fact-checking and expert science-based content
Stem Cell Research
Analysis of the latest publications
Stem Cell Blog
The most authoritative stem cell and regenerative medicine blog on the web.
- COVID Traps Alveoli Cells in a Curious Progenitor State, Squelching Lung Regeneration
Mere weeks into the COVID pandemic, stunning graphics began to appear depicting the path of devastation of SARS-CoV-2 through a…
- Does it make any sense medically or scientifically to use stem cell therapy for pain or neuropathy? There isn’t much …
- One of my main research interests is in oncodevelopmental factors. These include factors that are important both for normal stem …
- I got some great entries for our The Niche stem cell picture contest. While I expected many bright colorful images, …
Authoritative stem cell information you can trust
- Stem cells are all over the web, but accurate, science-based content is rare.
- Welcome to The Niche, the longest-running and #1 ranked stem cell blog.
- Award-winning cell biologist Dr. Paul Knoepfler has run the site for 11 years.
- We do stem cell research ourselves and published papers so we’re experts.
- The Niche uniquely has no sponsored posts, and we battle dangerous hype.
- The site includes helpful resources and analysis of new papers.
- Our mission is to educate and empower.