The stem cell arena is a complicated universe with a whole range of things going on at any one time and there’s usually ample negative things, but not all is bad news.
It’s interesting to regularly look specifically at the good stem cell news out there.
Below is a look at some top pieces of good stem cell news and interesting recent papers.
- Ottawa to invest $20M in stem cell research
- Piwi maintains germline stem cells and oogenesis in Drosophila through negative regulation of Polycomb group proteins
- Coriell Institute Licenses Stem Cell Assay Technology (Jeanne Loring’s PluriTest)
- Cultivating the next generation of young scientists (see picture above from CIRM)
- Stem Cell Battles — in Times Square? (Don Reed’s great new book gets some amazing PR)
- Super cool work from the team of my colleague Jan Nolta on MSC exosome proteomics.