Here are my suggested weekend reads on stem cells & regenerative medicine. I also threw in some stem cell news headlines and more general science stories…and some CRISPR. What are your weekend reads?
Lysosome activation clears aggregates and enhances quiescent neural stem cell activation during aging in Science (a.k.a., taking out the stem cellular trash for brain health) See part of Figure 1a.
Prior Treatment with Anti‐High Mobility Group Box‐1 Antibody Boosts Human Neural Stem Cell Transplantation‐Mediated Functional Recovery After Spinal Cord Injury
In Landmark Study, Human Stem Cells Restore Monkeys’ Movement
MSC therapy research for cats.
Erectile dysfunction becomes the new frontier for stem-cell clinics (my take on this situation here).
Transcriptome Engineering with RNA-Targeting Type VI-D CRISPR Effectors
Understanding the Extracellular Matrix to Enhance Stem Cell-Based Tissue Regeneration
Dissecting the Functional Consequences of De Novo DNA Methylation Dynamics in Human Motor Neuron Differentiation and Physiology
…And some stuff that should win an award for hype, science by PR, weird science, etc. if you are into strange stuff for your weekend reads.
NASA astronaut comes back from space with altered DNA as compared to his twin! Actually, no.
Pick your roommate via saliva/DNA testing! Uh…
This startup will literally kill you for science!
“Ancient humans had “plentiful sex” with Denisovans!” Not sure about that adjective.
- Weekend reads: stem cells, organoids, cancer, CRISPR & a tiger named Igor
- Top 10 geeky turkey facts for conversation at Thanksgiving dinner table
- Cool stem cell papers: antibody reprogramming, organoids, gravity, & more
- TGIF Weekend Science Reads: stem cells, PRP, CIRM, CRISPR, & more
- TGIF: stem cell weekend reads & links
- Stem cells sold for better sex part 2: bigger & better penis?