I have heard back from Stemedica on some questions I had on their role in the stem cell intervention done on hockey legend Gordie Howe.
I heard from Marcie J. Frank, VP at Stemedica for Investor Relations. I want to thank her for answering the questions and doing so so quickly.
- Q: Did Stemedica write the Howe family statement or part of it?
- A: Stemedica did not write any part of the Howe family statement; that was released by Gordie’s family.
- Q: Did Stemedica/Novastem provide free treatment to Howe?
- A: Stemedica is not a sponsor of the clinical trial referenced below; that is Novastem (exclusive licensed distributor in Mexico of Stemedica’s adult stem cells for clinical trial use). Please contact Novastem directly for any information on that trial.
- Q: Could Stemedica comment on the type of stem cells used please? Also were they allogeneic or autologous? Were they proliferated in a lab?
- A: The cells were allogenic mesenchymal and neural and proliferated at our licensed cGMP facility in San Diego. Additional info on our cells can be found here: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=stemedica&Search=Search
I’m going to email Novastem too. Stay tuned.