Every now and then I collect a bunch of recent science good news that I’ve come across. Here are some past ‘good news’ posts.
Today’s post includes such a recent collection and some funny stuff too at the end.
Enjoy! BTW, science is not necessarily all about stem cells, right?
- Talk about good news. 1,000th Condor chick born! The hard-won comeback of the California condor
- More hope on new ways to battle HIV. Simpler HIV treatment and prevention strategies take center stage
- Humming brain? Our humming brains help us learn rapidly
- I love space stuff and it’s always good news when a space ship deploys properly. LightSail 2 unfurls solar sail and begins travelling through space. Note that the 2 L’s in the spelling of “traveling” reflects the UK origin of this article.
- Literal brain drain. Very cool mouse study. See image above from the work. Brain’s Fluid Drains via Lymphatic Vessels at the Base of the Skull. Here’s the original Nature paper.
- First CRISPR inside humans coming soon and it’s for vision loss.
Of course at least one thing on stem cells, right?